Sunday 15 March 2009

The new Guns n Roses album. Is it any good?




Hi

The new GnR album came out a few months ago and I have recently bought it and started to listen to the songs. But is it any good?
Well I'll have to start by saying I am a huge fan of GnR and have most of there older albums. So eagerly anticipated there new one. What a shock! One most of the band as left with only Axl left, although that didn't really bother me has Axl is really the heart of the band. The thing that did surprise me was that they don't sound the same. The lyrics are pretty similar to the old ones but the riffs and intros are very different. But then I realized what should I have expected, with a 14 year gap it is right that the music as changed and not stagnated.
The songs themselves are alright some are good like Street of dreams, IRS and scraped but some aren't quite so good Better for instance which I prefer to skip. On balance however they are more good than bad songs.
Is it worth the wait?
Well as some of you know there as been a gap of 14 long years since the last album and, if your honest 14 songs can't be worth the wait.
Overall I think the album is more good than bad and would give it seven out of ten. It would have been nice if it had come sooner and, Slash was still there but what you gonna do.

Kyle


No comments:

Post a Comment